Free Initial Consultation



Who Should I Report My Work Injury To?

Who Should I Report My Work Injury To?

Getting injured on the job is an unexpected and unfortunate situation. Fortunately, you may be eligible for workers compensation to help pay for medical bills and lost income while you’re out of work. However, it’s important to know how to report your work-related injury so you can begin the claims process right away.

Who Do I Report My Workplace Injury to?

As soon as you receive a workplace injury, report it to your employer or supervisor. You should file a written notice that includes details like when, where, and how it occurred. It’s important to keep your own copy of the report, including when you notified your employer, for your personal records. This will help you keep track of your claim.

When Should I Report My Workplace Injury?

It’s important to notify your employer as soon as possible, but you have a total of 30 days from the time of the injury to provide written notice. From there, your employer will file an injury report. The sooner you report your on-the-job injury, the sooner you can start the workers’ compensation claims process.

Should I Contact a Workers Compensation Lawyer?

Between compiling documentation and gathering medical records, workers compensation claims can take time. Navigating a claim on your own can be a daunting and complicated process that can be sidelined by your employer’s insurance company, one that does not have your best interests in mind. Furthermore, the administrative law judge cannot advocate for you and is also under no obligation to help you receive full benefits. That’s why it’s usually a good idea to contact a workers’ compensation lawyer to fight on your behalf.

Your lawyer will help collect evidence and build the strongest claim possible. They are also familiar with the legal loopholes and maneuvers that insurance companies often pull to prevent a settlement from happening. With a legal expert on your side, you’ll be able to focus on your recovery.

Missouri Workers Compensation Attorneys

If you’ve been injured on the job in Missouri, you’ll want the best legal representation possible. That’s why you should contact the lawyers at Lanzotti & Rau immediately after reporting a workplace injury. The legal team at Lanzotti & Rau can help you pursue legal action to receive compensation for your on-the-job injury. To learn more about our legal services or how we handle our workers compensation cases, call us today at 573-335-9300 and schedule a free consultation.