The last thing an employee wants is to go into their place of work—where they make a living to support themself and their family—and suffer a painful injury. However, depending on the industry you work in, on-the-job accidents are always a possibility.
While most employers offer workers’ compensation, the claims process is often long and involved. And without thorough proof and documentation, they may not be obliged to compensate you for your pain and suffering. Therefore, it’s vital that you have as much proof as possible to ensure you are covered while out of work.
How Can I Prove a Workplace Injury?
Evidence is crucial to your workers’ compensation claim. Here are some ways you can compile proof following an accidental workplace injury:
- Photos – Take pictures at the scene of the accident and photos of your injuries, as well.
- Witnesses – Gather as many witness reports as you can as their testimony can support your account of the events. The more eyes on the situation, the stronger your case will be.
- Punch-in reports – If applicable, request time clock reporting to show that you were at work at the time of the incident.
- Equipment maintenance reports – If the machinery was involved, request maintenance documentation to verify whether the equipment was in compliance or faulty.
- Documentation from your doctor – An injury assessment from your physician will align with your account of the accident.
- Your company’s report of the incident – Your company will have a formal report prepared following your accident.
Hire Legal Support to Prove Your Workplace Injury
If you have all or most of this material, your workers’ compensation claim should be on track. However, your employer and it’s insurance company that handles these claims may attempt to downplay or discredit your workplace injury. It’s highly recommended that you have an experience workers’ compensation attorney by your side to help you fight against any such opposition. Fortunately, the experienced team at Lanzotti & Rau are well-versed in workers’ compensation law and are ready to fight for you.
Local Workers’ Compensation Legal Services
The lawyers at Lanzotti & Rau are ready to help you pursue legal action to receive compensation for your personal injury. The experts at Lanzotti & Rau take no money upfront and no attorney bills until you win a settlement — a testament to the motivation and confidence you can expect from our team.